Monday, August 15, 2011

My Trip to Chino Farms

Below is the glorious bounty at the roadside farmstand. Chino Farms is the preferred farm of such chefs as Alice Waters, Wolfgang Puck and Martin Woesle. I was lucky enough to pick up some fixins for Monday night dinner this weekend. Here is just a bit of what they had to offer.
 Gorgeous rainbow chard, sauteed with a touch of olive oil and garlic: buonissimo!

Radishes, carrots and turnips, oh my!

Lima beans (got some!), adorable baby brussels, huge shallots, fresh figs and berries

Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes

Fresh rosemary and delicate squash blossoms ready to stuff!

Tonight I will be making stuffed poblano peppers and a tomato radish salad using my purchases from this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment