Monday, August 15, 2011

More Cheese, Please!

I live 5 blocks from here:
You may be thinking, "So, what's the big deal?" And if you are, then you obviously don't love cheese.
Well, I do.
Love cheese. A lot.
And living 5 blocks from an artisanal cheese shop makes my love affair a dangerous thing.
If you've been lucky enough to attend one of my entertaining evenings, you know that my favorite thing to make is a cheese board. Not so much because I know my guests will like it, more so because it gives me an excuse to go to this little devil shop and taste test several of their cheeses.
It's like Saturday at Costco, only 10x better.
Because they have cheese.
And they don't have 7032 people banging carts into you.

My current favorites: Vlaskaas, Port Salut, Fromager d'affinois

No comments:

Post a Comment