Friday, September 9, 2011

Dinner: Power Outage Style

Southern Ca and parts of Mexico suffered one heck of a power outage last night. Some Zoni did something bad and caused 1.5 million people to lose their electricity (and 742,805 to lose their minds). The ever resourful Gores were ready though, and we whipped up this amazing meal in no time, saving ourselves and a couple of friends from starvation. Sadly this meal was supposed to be what I was going to serve at my dinner party tonight, but desperate time call for delicious measures.

If you have a grill, make this. I have never had such a delectible (and EASY) pork loin. Just head to your closest Trader Joe's and grab one of their Peppercorn and Garlic Pork Loins (or more, seriously 4 of us chowed through 2, it was so good!). Then preheat your grill, toss it on, wait a bit and enjoy. I wish I could tell you how long to cook it, but you'll have to use the finger test or a meat thermometer to judge.
I always use the finger test, partly because the last thing I need is another dish to wash, and parlty beacuse it works best for me.
Ours was perfect, if I do say so myself. Moist, flavorful, lean. Amazing!

I paired this with the delicious Fennel and Arrugula salad I featured here. I intended to also pair it with this yumyum french potato salad, but no stove means no water to boil potatoes. You should try it though. It goes perfectly with the pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment