Monday, September 19, 2011

7 Day Vegan Challenge

On Oct 1, Dave and I will be attempting an entirely new dietary challenge. It is called a "plant based diet", similar to a vegan diet where you remove all animal products, but you also remove all processed foods as well. After watching Forks Over Knives, I thought it would be interesting to try this out for 7 days. I can do pretty much anything for one week can't I?

 I quickly found a helpful website called Meatout with an entire weeks worth of recipes designed to simplify the process for newbs; 7 days of breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas ready to go. For breakfast there are tasty treats like Banana Oat Waffles or Apple Harvest Oatmeal. Lunch features delectables such as Thai Vegetable Curry and a Pesto White Bean Bowl. Dinner makes me drool with creations of Asparagus Tarts and Stuffed Acorn Squash.  They have done a great job of providing creative, tasty options to keep a novice vegan from getting bored.

Pesto White Bean Bowl
If you would like to join us in our 7 Day Challenge, feel free to offer your comments about your experience!
The fun begins October 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment