Tuesday, March 13, 2012

10 on 10 on the 13th

Several of the blogs I follow do this thing called 10 on 10. On the 10th day of every month, you take 10 pictures showing how you spent that day. I thought this would be easy. As it turns out, I am terrible at remembering to take pictures. So here is my first attempt at 10 on 10. I'll try to do better next time!

Ah San Diego, another gorgeous morning! What to do with this day?
First things first: Breakfast. And with guests in town, 
what better place to chow down than
This place has the most AMAZING breakfasts.
I should have taken a picture of the plates, but like always, 
once the food arrives, I forget all else.
I am so sorry for all of you who don't live in Colorado or San Diego.
Cuz that's the only place you'll find this morning food mecca. 
For now...

 After all the eating, we had to do something active, 
and what's better on a sunny day than a beach bike ride

Taking a picture while balancing on 2 wheels: not advised

All that pedaling makes ya thirsty, we needed some hydration
Beer is mainly water, right? Say Hello to our Santa Barbara friends!


It seems that everywhere I turn these days, I am encountering the cloth vs disposable debate. Still firmly cloth.

One of the reasons we don't want to move out of our neighborhood? Feasts like this in walking distance that only cost $20 and can feed 4

 then it was off to El Dorado, the best place for cocktails in SD
 This one was called the Cyarlie Brown, my fave is the Army/Navy.
It has egg whites in it. Protein makes it healthy.

While at El D I discovered something pretty disturbing.
Turns out, that amazing book I have been telling everyone to read, you know the one, you may have read it too. I think it's called the Hunger Games? Well that book is a rip off of a 1999 Japanese novel called Battle Royale.
That was also made into a movie.
Again in 1999.
 9 years before Ms Collins thought up "her" story.
She maintains that she has never heard of Battle Royale.
I'll let you decide if you believe her after you have read this.
I think we've been bamboozled.
I feel betrayed.
But I'll get over it.

So there you have it, my very first 10 on 10.
But really only 9.
And on 13.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment