Thursday, November 3, 2011

Linky Time; Take 2!

Today I am taking a slight departure from food so that I may participate in this month's installment of Pintertest Kitchen Linky Party!
 Last month, I called myself a failure, but this month, I have decided to not be so harsh and just go with it.
Between the new 6 a.m. start time at work, bootcamp 5 days a week, and trying to maintain some semblance of a social life, cooking has taken a back seat.
Sorry Kitchen! I'll return soon, promise.

So for this month's linky party, I "made" this little beauty.
It's a shoe cabinet. And from the moment I saw it on Pinterest, I knew I had to have it.
We don't wear shoes in our house (ironic, because all the while living in my parents house, I railed against this inconvenience). Shoes bring in yucky, gross dirty I don't even want to think what. Have you ever walked around downtown (enter city here) and then walked into your home? You now probably have urine, vomit and other human excrement on your rugs and floors. *Shudder*
Sorry, sidetracked...
So when you enter our front door, we USED to have this little shelf system for you to stack your shoes.
It was kinda gross too. Messy, unsightly, annoying.
Then Pinterest waved this little beauty before my eyes. I immediately called the husband to get purchasing permission (it costs over $100) and he said, "do you really need that?"
Yes, I do.
So I hustled right over to Ikea and got one that day.
You know what he says now? Verbatim: "That really was a great buy." Ah-thank you.

Now I know what you might be tempted to say: "You didn't Make that, you Bought it!" But I beg to differ. It's Ikea. It came in 2 boxes. It contained 376 parts (almost). It took me 2 hours to assemble. It elicited more that a couple cuss words. It required extracurricular assembly with parts NOT included in the box. And all of the instructions were pictures!

So, yes, I made it.
And I Love IT!

3 comments:

  1. #1. you have made me want to remove my carpet. #2. saw that at ikea and i really, really, REALLY want it.

    glad you linked up! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh....I want one of those SO bad. I am in 100% agreement with you....shoes = nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a similar shoe cabinet from Ikea and love it! We don't wear shoes in the house either but I always feel bad asking people to take their shoes off.

    ReplyDelete